Friday, April 26, 2013

I love my kitties....





Today for some reason I have been thinking about all the helpless animals out there. I guess looking through my facebook feed there are so many precious animals looking for homes. It breaks my heart into pieces seeing the looks of fear on their faces! They don't understand what they have done wrong.
Some were given up by former owners for reasons they don't understand as well. They love unconditionally and then suddenly they are disposed of because someone got bored with them. They don't know what they have done wrong and it hurts that I can't help them.

Most people don't understand how much it hurts me. Sometimes I feel bad that animals sometimes mean more than humans to me. I guess its because of their innocence. And the fact that they are always there for you no matter what. They love always, and forget easy. 
One thing I look forward to every single day is going to my house and seeing all of my cats run to the kitchen when I walk in the door to greet me. Living alone and not having children it is good to feel that someone out there counts on you and they let me know they need me. Even if to just feed them or clean up after them they need me. But I also realize how much I need them. 


Some people think cats are standoffish and not as caring as dogs. I disagree. I think a cat chooses one or two people to attach emotionally to and anyone else is just in the way. My cats are always there. When I am sad or upset its like they know and they will be right there nudging my hand and purring to let me know its going to be ok. They listen and don't give unsolicited advise. They are like my children. If that makes me crazy cat lady then so be it.



 I have truly been blessed with 7 of the sweetest babies ever and I am thankful for them coming into my life everyday. I can't imagine my life without a single one. Even though they have their own quirks or personalities they are all special to me. I just wish there was some kind of way I could save 7 more but I know I have to make myself stop because I don't want to end up on hoarders lol. Those people on hoarders have such big hearts they just don't know when to stop and luckily right now I do. 

Its always funny thinking about how much $ I actually spend on these cats! They have it made! They have their own room and bathroom in my 2 bedroom home. They have 10 cardboard boxes, a cat tree, a futon, two tables, and a ladder for them to play on. They also get to sleep on my gel memory foam bed whenever they please and have 2 couches to sleep on. They have a big window they can watch the neighborhood all day through. They are 7 little spoiled babies! 


Sorry this post was basically me ranting and raving but I had to get it out and what better way! 

3 comments:

  1. This is great Allison! My sentiments exactly! Except times (X) 40!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rescued a siamese that looks JUST like yours. Does yours by any chance have a bobbed tail?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope all mine have their tails :) but bobtails are so cute!

    ReplyDelete