Friday, July 6, 2012

Decisions, decisions.....

I don't think anyone likes change. I don't mind small changes here and there but I am a creature of habit and anyone who knows me knows that. 


Recently I have learned of a job opportunity (within the place I work) that may be something I would like. BUT who knows if I would like it until I tried it. I have been trying to list the pros and cons. It would be much different hours including nights, which surprisingly I am ok with, since I sleep better during the day and stay up all night anyways. I'm definitely not a morning person. I have always thought I would be better at a night job but they are hard to come by.


Another plus is a increase in pay. Who doesn't want a job that pays more than your current job? Its not a whole lot more but its more plain and simple and we all know every little bit helps! 


It would be a change in atmosphere. I like my job and I like the people I work with and would miss them but  who doesn't love a new challenge every once in a while.


The place it would be has been an interest of mind for a long time and I've kind of always wanted to go into that kind of job so this may be a sign telling me its time for me to do it but I just have this fear that if I did get the job that I wouldn't like it after I went and it would be too late to change my mind and come crawling back to where I'm comfortable and know whats going on.


I have been talking to family and friends and they all think I should just take the risk and go for it. I guess I need to sleep on it for a few days and decide next week. But right now I am leaning towards trying something new. I will be proud of myself for taking such a risk even if I don't succeed. I just know no matter what I decide to do I still have a lot to be proud of. And I know my family is proud of me and my accomplishments so far :)  luckily I'm not one of those that has to be constantly reminded of that hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment