Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Theres another one...

Link is Mr. Photogenic
Well since I last posted I got another one. Yeah, thats correct, I adopted another child. I don't know what got into me but I just felt like it was my time to save another baby from an uncertain future. I had been seeing posts from the shelter on facebook for a while and there were so many kitties that needed a home. I know I can't save them all and I know some people will judge me for getting another one but so be it. Anyone that knows me knows I have a big heart (that's sometimes too big when it comes to animals) and I know when I am capable of handling one more.



Link all layed out in his cage!
Just looking through the pictures one in particular caught my eye. It was an orange and white kitty that was probably about a year or so old. I knew I wanted to get a grown cat because they are the least likely to be saved. Most people want kittens unfortunately. I wanted one that would be about the same age as my others so maybe they could get along better. I went to the shelter to look and I knew going there meant I was committing because I wasn't going to leave without a cat. I went and looked at all those poor babies and several luckily had been marked for rescue, so they were not available, but, the one I went after was so I talked to that little kitty for 10 minutes as he pawed at me like he didn't have a care in the world. That was it. I wanted him! So I went to fill out the paperwork. There were several hurdles I had to cross before they would even approve me to adopt. They said I had too many, but if I could prove that they were all fixed then they would approve me. Well that meant getting the vets that did their surgeries to let them know, and some of the places were closed. Then another lady pointed out that the cat I had picked out absolutely did not like other cats. Huge problem!!! She even showed me how when you would put a cat within inches that cat freaked out and went nutzo. Poor thing, I felt so bad at that point because I felt like I had gotten his hopes up. I couldn't get that cat no matter how bad I wanted. That cat was meant to be an only child! So I looked around some more and got to a cage with a black and white kitty with the prettiest eyes and white whiskers who stuck his paw out at me as if he were saying, "hey what about me?" so I stood there and he was just pawing at me wanting to play! She said that has to be one of the friendliest cats I've ever seen. She let him out and he went around to all of the other cages and rubbed against them. He let me hold him and didn't make a sound or seem upset or scared at all. Just a laid back kitty! I said this is my kitty! They had named him Link. I had to come back 2 days later after the vets were able to show proof of my other kitties surgeries to get Link and I was so scared someone else may have gotten him in that time. I drove so fast trying to get there after work, walked straight in and there he was! He was still there! It was meant to be! Finished all the paperwork and they sent Link off with me to go to his new home!



The ride home. Look at those eyes!
First day in his new home! Looks comfy don't he :)
He was not a fan of riding in the car though and he yelled the whole way home. Finally got him home and introduced him to his new brothers and sisters and they were not really happy about it. There was lots of hissing going on in that house for about a week lol. Link slept with me right next to my head everynight. I finally had me a cuddle kitty! Some of the others will cuddle occasionally, but Link would cuddle ALL THE TIME! I love it! Hes 2-3 years old so he's not a small cat but he is definitely one of the sweetest cats around!


My two boys! Yoda and Link.


 And here we are a few months later and he seems to be getting along really well with the others! Just took some getting used to and now we are a big happy family :)



 Gonna have to call it quits on getting kitties for a while. I bet everyone reading this is thinking, don't you say that every time? hahaha, yeah I do but I mean it this time!

3 comments:

  1. Your animals are named Yoda and Link. I knew I liked you for a reason. Hashtag: nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading this Allison ! You have a wonderful happy family!!!!! You are my kind of people that's big because I really don't like people. Link is a lucky little boy, but so are all your kids to
    have you for a Momma !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol Jennifer I also have Cori, Little, Maisey, Minnie, Pippie, and Possum! And thank you anonymous that comment really means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete